Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why I Love My Family

I love my family. Here is reason # 348912349781364983:

Came home this afternoon from a long night of work and a long day of appointments to find my mom and sister there assembling a new floor lamp (I tripped over mine and broke it a few weeks ago because I'm graceful like that), putting away groceries, and finishing up some laundry. It was such a relief after a painful couple of days to have those few things done I just about cried.

After they left I shluffed off to bed for a much-needed day of sleep. I didn't have the energy to run and my calves, while better than yesterday, were still a bit sore. I came to the decision that it was ok I didn't run today. I have to take a deep breath to say I accept my decision but there it is. I look forward to running tomorrow and, thanks to my awesome family, having some yummy food to eat afterwards :)

Press on.

No comments: