Sunday, May 11, 2008

What time is it again?

It's ass-crack o'clock and I am up and at 'em. Not by choice. I had meant to sleep for at least another couple hours but my calves had other plans. I thought they were giving me a respite when they weren't hurting during my run yesterday but it turns out they were just saving up for now!

Let me elaborate. Do you remember getting a tetanus shot? Remember how it felt like someone had punched you in the arm really hard for a few days afterward? That's how my legs feel right now. Usually they feel like someone punched me there sorta hard but tonight they are screaming.

Rest is out of the question. In fact, I barely know what that strange word means.

Ice doesn't help...kinda restricts the blood flow and I have enough of that going on!

Compression...see Ice.

Elevation...again, see Ice.

Advil. Only helps a little so I try not to pump my poor, overworked kidneys full of it.

So I guess I'm up. I was going to get up soon anyway for the Komen 5K which starts in...3 1/2 hours. Damn, that's at least 2 hours of sleep right there. Ah well. I'll be getting my dishes and laundry done instead!

I'll post an update on the race. Should be a bit chilly but I don't think I'll notice. The camaraderie for a singular cause should warm me up plenty.

Sleep on!

No comments: