Sunday, May 11, 2008

sledgehammers ahead

I really wanted to go to the grocery store today but I can barely walk from one end of my apartment to the other. My legs feel like somebody took a sledgehammer to them over and over and over...

So no, I won't be leaving home today.

I figured out if I walk on my heels without really lifting my toes or pushing off the balls of my feet to take a step they don't hurt that bad. They just ache which is much better than the aforementioned sledgehammer effect.

Good thing tomorrow I have the choice of doing some cross training or sitting on my ass. Maybe I'll be able to walk like a normal person by then. If not, everyone can laugh at my sorry attempt at a waddle. I aim to amuse, just ignore the grimace on my face if I accidentally try to do my fast walk.

Press on.

P.S. - Thanks to Sam for letting me sit down all evening watching basketball while he made me dinner and walked my laundry all the way down the hall :) You're the best!

No comments: