Monday, June 30, 2008

workworkwork

I working. A lot. I figure I've got to get in as much as I can before surgery just in case I have to take more than the 2 days off I'm planning. I still don't know for sure if it's ok that I come back to work on crutches. I should find that out in the next couple days and if it's not, then I'll be taking a good week or two off. That would not be good as I have a tendency to get stir-crazy when forced to be cooped up. Plus the not making any money part.

I'm situating my NetFlix queue so I have some good movies to look forward to next week. Anyone have any suggestions? I also started reading a pretty good book that should last me another couple weeks. I always have a stack of books yet to be read so I should be gravy even if I finish early.

This week my goals are to get my apartment cleaned up, the fridge stocked, and my bills paid so I won't have anything to worry about the week or two post-op.

I am also coming to the realization that the Twin Cities marathon may not be a realistic option for me. I need to speak with my doctor this week but I've heard others having the same surgery say they weren't allowed to run for at least 3-6 weeks post-op and even then it was slow-going. Hrmph. Reality can suck it. My brain isn't wired to set my sights low; in fact, I think it's a physical impossibility for me to under-achieve. I was dubbed KOA in my anatomy class, after all (Kristie Over-Achiever). So the marathon is a "go" until and only if reality forces me to admit otherwise.

Press on.

No comments: