Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm going to Italy and Greece!

Next May I will be going on a 13 day tour of Italy and Greece as part of a study abroad opportunity at my college! It'll be a jam-packed couple of weeks but it will be my first time across the pond and what a way to make the most of it! Somehow I am going to figure out a way to get a run in while I'm there to get a good feel of the land, so to speak. Time to brush up on my Greek...anybody know Greek who can help me out?

Here is the itinerary:
Day 1 - Fly overnight to Italy

Day 2 - Rome
Arrive in Rome

Day 3 - Rome
Visit to Vatican City:
Sistine Chapel
St. Peter's Basilica
Take a guided tour of Rome:
Forum Romanum
Visit the Colosseum
Take a walking tour of Rome:
Pantheon
Trevi Fountain

Day 4 - Rome
Enjoy a free day in Rome
Optional: Florence

Day 5 - Capri • Sorrento
Travel to Capri
Take a guided tour of Capri
Take an island cruise
Continue on to Sorrento

Day 6 - Pompeii • Brindisi • Night ferry
Travel to Pompeii
Take a guided tour of Pompeii
Continue on to Brindisi
Board an overnight ferry to Patras

Day 7 - Patras • Delphi
Arrive in Patras and travel to Delphi

Day 8 - Delphi • Athens
Take a guided tour of Delphi:
Temple of Apollo
Visit the Delphi Museum
Travel to Athens

Day 9 - Athens
Take a guided tour of Athens:
Olympic stadium
Omonia and Syntagma squares
Visit the Acropolis:
Parthenon
Temple of Athena Nike
Take a walking tour of Athens:
Plaka district
Temple of Olympian Zeus
Optional: Greek Evening

Days 10-13 - Greek island cruise
Cruise the Greek islands:
Mykonos
Rhodes
Patmos

No comments: