Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Future Homeowner?

I am looking into buying a house and am thoroughly excited at the prospect of being a homeowner! I spoke with a lender today and he is working on getting me pre-qualified so I can begin working with a realtor. With the market being in the crapper right now I will be able to get a lot of house for not a lot of cash. I brainstormed some ideal qualities for my first house and here they are:

3 BR
2 BA
> 1500 sq ft
2-car attached garage
newer roof & windows
large deck & yard
walk-in master closet :)
wood-burning fireplace
close to work/school (within biking distance)
open floorplan
plenty of counter space and storage in kitchen
new(er) appliances

Obviously this is a dream list; did I miss anything? If I can get all that in my price range I will be one happy woman! This set-up will be perfect for the animals and I to settle in and make homey with plenty of room for visitors and a little bambino if I ever decide to adopt.

Does anyone have any tips for a first-time homebuyer? Any recommendations or warnings?

Press on.

No comments: