Wednesday, June 18, 2008

neat-o

As a personal reward for doing well in therapy this week I ordered the latest album from Mates of State "re-arrange us." For those of you who don't know, Mates of State are pretty darn neat. A bit on the quirky side with striking harmonies, damn catchy melodies, and epic endings. Listening to them makes me feel so...happy!

When I woke up this afternoon I felt like a little kid on Christmas; my Mates of State was due to arrive! I ran across the street to the office and sure enough, there it was. I double-stepped it home and tore open the package, carefully scanning each of the jewel case inserts pleasantly surprised to find the lyrics to each song printed neatly. I love lyrics and yes, I'll have the entire album memorized before the weekend hits. Popped the disc into my stereo and it was on! I can't remember the last time I had so much fun dancing around my apartment like a woman on fire.

I had some running around to do this afternoon and I had a blast singing along, windows down, basking in the afternoon sun. Sorry to anyone who drove next to me, I know my singing is wildly off-key but I don't care. I was enjoying the heck out of myself!

Thanks for the happy day Mates of State; you make me dance without reserve, sing at the top of my lungs, and goofy-grin all the day :D

Press on.

No comments: