Friday, June 20, 2008

Surgery Date

Ok kids, I've finally got a date for surgery: Monday, July 7th bright and early in the AM! It'll be a same-day deal so I should be home by evening. Mom has kindly offered to "Kristie-sit" that week as I will be more or less incapacitated. Visitors will be welcome, especially if you bring egg-free cookies and episodes of Scrubs :)

I've decided to restart running and continue until surgery. Mainly because I'm going crazy without running but also because it's much easier to suck it up with a definite end in site. Only two weeks and I can finally begin putting all this business behind me.

My post-op goals:
  • off all narcotics by Wednesday, July 9th
  • ditch the crutches, start running, and go back to karate ASAP (I need to talk with my surgeon to set a reasonable goal-date for this)
  • try not to drive my Mom (and any other Kristie-sitters) crazy!
  • teach my cat how to fetch ice and Advil for me :)

Press on.

No comments: