Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy (almost) Birthday

I get nervous about posting people's real names on here since they didn't exactly volunteer to be fodder for my online tell-alls. So until you let me know otherwise, you are all reduced to the first letter of your first name...unless you are a puppy, kitty, or chinchilla. Their names are waaay to cute to hide anyway :) There will be exceptions, like in today's post where the nickname is sufficient to mask your true identity and yet provide some continuity for the reader.

Lexicon for today's post:
Little Wheel - little sister that is big
Middle Wheel - middle sister

Today I celebrated my (almost) birthday with the fam. It is always a riot when we get the gang together and somehow we all manage to revert back to 10 years old. As you can imagine, we always end up laughing. A lot. Add in a 15 month old nephew and Middle Wheel & J's new puppy Nugget, well we almost had to call shenanigans the cuteness was so unbelievable! This time around we had a new addition: Little Wheel's bf W. A bit on the quiet side but they all are at first. Just look at J, he's known our family for years and I still think he gets a little nervous around us! S is becoming much more outgoing but she has the excuse of being the mommy of the cutest (and only) baby in the house so I don't know if that counts. Babies are an unfair advantage, especially when you've got the first and only one in the family. I think meeting our family must be like traveling to another planet where you don't know the language and everyone is nuts-o...but in a good way! Yes, yes, he did just fine. Looking forward to seeing the fine young lad again sometime.

I promised Middle Wheel I would post a photo of me wearing my new t-shirt. I don't have one yet but I will shortly and believe me, the wait will be worth it! I even got matching buttons and a CD sticker. For those of you not in the know...wait for it...wait for it...

Time to enjoy my dad's old 80GB iPod he gave to me, complete with all his awesome music! I now have more Sam, Bob, Van, and Buddy than I know what to do with! Hooray! Life is so so sweet.

My goal for tomorrow is to take some of those goofy self-shots in random places with my awesome new t-shirt. Let awesomeness ensue...

Press on.

1 comment:

Wade said...

Don't worry. I'll be more talkative at future events. I'm just a bit introverted at first, is all. Glad to hear I did well, however. I had a great time. Your family is wonderful.

And, yes, you can use my name in subsequent posts.