Sunday, July 13, 2008

POD #3-6

POD #3 - I took my last Percocet yesterday and made it through 2 hours of lecture and 2 hours of lab this morning without so much as a twitch. Things are going much better than anticipated. I finally got to unwrap my legs and take shower today but it was quick as I am quite wobbly without the moon boots. As soon as I upload my camera I'll post the pictures of my incisions. I know, I know, ew but all you fellow medical people can marvel at the fine work :)

POD #4 - FINALLY got out of the house to go to the gym! I tried my best to avoid eye-contact but it gets tough when everyone is staring at you-the gimp on crutches with 2 huge black boots on. Sheesh. I did good, though. Rode the stationary bike for a whopping 20 minutes, stretched (which felt Amazing after lying around all week), and lifted weights! It felt so good to move I can't wait to back again tomorrow...

POD #5 - Today I biked for 30 minutes and hung out with mom, dad, Little Wheel, and Uncle Garry. He made a sweet rice/salsa/tofu thing that was delicious and it felt good to be social for once this week. Oh, and nobody banters like him and Little Wheel...it's an earful to be beholden...and laughed at. Went home and watched "The Amityville Horror" which, to my surprise, was actually quite good-and quite scary. Annie Kitty even gave it two paws up.

POD #6 - Today I woke up early and Dad picked me up to go to the gym again (I'm not allowed to drive yet) and I rode the bike for 40 minutes before lifting weights. My legs started to ache and pinch around minute 32 but I figured they'd be ok for another 8 minutes or so and I was right. They swell up a little after my gym excursions but that's nothing a little ibuprofen and ice can't cure. Felt good to feel strong again. I miss that.

Ok, there's only so much sitting around on my arse I can take. It has gotten quite lonely hanging around my apartment all day and all night with nobody to play Monopoly with but my cat. She's a poor sport and ends up messing up all the pieces. No fun. Rico Valentino (my chinchilla) is also a poor sport and won't even come out to play when Kitty is around. I've watched more movies than one person should watch in a week, seen all the crappy television a girl can handle, played video games until my thumbs hurt, and read hundreds and hundreds of pages. AHASHDFHSEWHEIUD!!! I really do appreciate my mom being here at the beginning of the week and my dad coming to visit but it would be nice to talk to someone else besides myself...I mean, I'm awesome and everything but I'm starting to get on my nerves...

I've already read my entire Chemistry textbook and I'm almost done with my "fun" book, I can't play my violin because it needs to be restrung (again), and I'm missing a string on the guitar, I'm video-gamed out, I'm not hungry, I am sick of the idiot-box, and I can't really go anywhere to do anything about it! Argh! I can't even dance around my apartment properly due to the leg-attachments and that is just no fun at all!

/rant

Press on.

No comments: