Tuesday, July 8, 2008

POD #1

Post-Op Day #1

The surgery went very well yesterday. My surgeon said that as soon as he made the incision through the fascia, the muscle relaxed significantly meaning the surgery definitely needed to be done.

The pain hasn't been bad at all and I've been moving about the apartment on crutches very well. I made it to chemistry lab today and will venture out again tomorrow for class. I'm still on Percocet for pain and a muscle relaxer Vistaril neither of which I am taking a lot of.

I am already getting antsy. With the pain at a minimum I want to jump out of bed and get to doing things but doc said "no." Mom is here Kristie-sitting as well and she's keeping the reins on tight. Doc said I could bike this week as long as I do it with the boots on. Yay! By Friday I hope to take a field trip over to the gym to get in a little workout. Today my goal is to do some push-ups and sit-ups and keep drinking lots and lots of water.

Thanks to everyone who called yesterday and talked to my mom. I was asleep most of the day so thank you mom for being my personal secretary :) I suppose I should get back to bed and put my legs up. This whole sitting down business doesn't feel the best and my room is...all the way in the next room!

Press on.

No comments: