Saturday, July 26, 2008

Been Too Long

Sorry for the long delay kids but I have been one busy grrrl. Here are some of the post-op milestones (so far):

1 week post-op: DRIVING! I had to don a "driving shoe" because the giant black boot is not fit for pedal pushing. It felt so free to finally be able to get out of the house on my own terms, roll the windows down, and sing along to my iPod. Additional perks: adding 10-15 minutes to each trip to account for boot removal/strapping on, getting excited to go to the grocery store only to realize I had no way of pushing a cart, grabbing groceries, AND maneuvering my crutches...curses! And finally, the handicap parking pass giving me the best parking spot wherever I go!

1 1/2 weeks post-op: workworkwork. I was so excited to be out of the house that I even picked up extra shifts. We sat around and discussed interesting uses for crutches...sounds like a good blog topic for later...

2 1/2 weeks post-op: suture removal and the "a-ok" to ditch the boots! Doc said "no running today" to which I instantly replied "so that means I can run tomorrow, right?" He just chuckled. That means "yes" to me so the next day I ran 3:30 around the pond next to my apartment. It felt A-mazing!

Today: Ran 5 minutes and walked for ??? maybe an hour. Yikes! Stopped by the karate school to say "hello" and I can't wait to go back to class next week.

The marathon is still a "go." I refuse to quit what I've started so I'm going for it. I'm going to run every day this weekend before my first PT appointment on Monday so if they say no running yet I can say we-ell, I've been running for 5 days and I feel fabulous! You've got to outsmart those conservative healers and prove them wrong, see. Yeah, they have never seen the healing power the likes of me; I've read books on it and the Universe knows I've had plenty of practice!

My cat has grown accustom to my homeboundness these past few weeks and she loudly protests every time I get ready to go out. She is extra extra talkative when I get home as I suppose Rico Valentino is not a very good conversationalist...at least in cat-speak...he's rather fluent in chinchilla and poor Annie Kitty only understands Mrarw-raw-raw, "kitty night-nights," Annie-Kitty! Kitty Annie!, and the shakeshake of her treats. Silly kitty.

I'm posting from work right now but the next time I post from home I have oodles of pictures to share so get yer bandwidth ready!

Press on.

2 comments:

StaceFace said...

even though I get constant updates from mom and dad. It's good to hear (er.. read) that you're doing well from you! Are you able to go crazy on a non stationary bike as well? We should hit the trails.

Stiles said...

Definitely! I just got my bike back from the shop today and would *love* to hit the trails ASAP! I am off this weekend, maybe we can plan a little adventure.