Monday, July 7, 2008

DOS

Day of Surgery

So it's 4:20am and I've been up since 2:30. Can't sleep a wink. It's about time to shower up and sanitize. This morning I get to scrub-a-dub in HibiCleans which makes me sanitary for surgery. Good times. I packed my "surgery bag" last night complete with a book, my iPod, extra underwear, and of course, my trusted companion Puppy. Puppy is a stuffed animal my grandma made me before my first kidney surgery when I was 4. He's been to every one since then and always keeps me safe. I know I'm too old for a stuffed animal but I don't care. Surgery is scary and it's nice to have a safety-blankie in the form of a puppy who's been there since the beginning.

Mom will be picking me up in about an hour so it's off to the shower I go!

Press on.

No comments: