Sunday, September 7, 2008

Are we there yet?

So I just signed up for the Leadership! Program at school and applied for Phi Theta Kappa AND for a volunteer position at a local battered women's shelter. As if 5 classes, working full time, and doing karate weren't enough. I like being busy. I feel useful and productive. With my chosen activities I also feel like I am contributing something positive to the universe to counter-balance all the C-R-A-P out there. Seriously, I should really stop flipping channels altogether and just outright ignore stupid people who's only goal in life is to "party" or become a "player." Sheesh. As if there weren't enough stupid people on the planet our culture seems hell-bent on rotting all our brains. I mean really, do I care who threw the biggest party, who wore what, and how about the latest . Just put a gun to my head now, please.

Can you tell I'm a bit...perturbed lately? I am so sick of the dishonesty, lack of integrity, bullshit, and inaneness in people these days. For some reason it pisses me off to no end. People treat others like shit, take their priveleged lives for granted, and carry on with no regard for anyone but themselves. Am I the only one who notices this? Am I the only one wasting energy on being angry about it all? Am I alone in wanting to move to Mallorca and disappear from our dispicable state of ignorance for good?

Press on.

No comments: