Monday, September 8, 2008

Kitty Crazies

My kitty went insane today. More than usual, that is. Every day she takes about 5 minutes or so to work out her kitty crazies. She bolts around the house like she's on fire making all kinds of strange noises and just as quickly as she began, she stops and resumes her normal activities (sleeping and causing trouble). Today her crazies lasted all afternoon while I was trying to get some sleep before work tonight. I didn't get much and I'm feeling it now.

As I opened the door of my apartment to head out to work a little black and white blur flew by my feet and scampered full-throttle down the hall. Annie Kitty had made a break for it! I dropped everything and ran after her. She made it all the way down the hall to the elevator when I finally caught up with her and she did everything she could to avoid capture. Once I finally nabbed her she moved her limbs round and round in a futile attempt to flee. I held fast and earned a nice long scratch on my arm for the effort.

Who knows what kind of kitty trouble she is up to in that apartment while I am here at work hoping this gash in my arm doesn't turn into cat-scratch fever. I won't find out until tomorrow afternoon because I have school immediately following work. Hopefully all will be well and her crazies will have worked themselves out without too much disaster.

Press on.

No comments: