Saturday, August 23, 2008

murder, mayhem, and madness

Perhaps I've been watching too much Law and Order lately, or maybe it's the book I just finished "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" but I have been having the most vicious dreams about all kinds of ways to murder people. Shocking, I know. Yesterday I fitfully awoke, drenched in sweat after slicing up someone as I laughed and laughed and laughed. Each carve was meticulously rendered and laid out as if to showcase each and every transgression. My slowly dying subject simply watched in silent agreement, as if knowing that he deserved it. With each cut of my blade I knew that he did.

Have I finally lost it?

Perhaps it's time to start fighting more often. Obviously I have some aggression that needs to work its way out of my system. I am fearful of sleep this morning but will eventually relenquish myself to its menacing grips.

Press on.

No comments: