Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bruce's chin

I'm pretty sure Bruce Campbell has the greatest chin in Hollywood. It's quite possible he has the greatest chin outside Hollywood as well.

Over the weekend I concluded the swellest week ever with a few stellar events:

1) Seeing "My Name is Bruce" along with his live and in-person chin at the Lagoon.
I first heard about the "Evil Dead" movies in high school. A friend of mine thought "Evil Dead 2" was the greatest film ever made and I had to do some investigation on my own. I, of course, came to a similar conclusion: although it may not be the greatest it is definitely in my Top 10. Once in college I discovered that every Halloween, the Coffmann Union Theater (at the U of MN) played all three flicks back to back...to back! The audience was always quite vocal during these performances and every time I see the movies I retain the urge to shout "Bruce!" at random intervals...

2) Getting my apartment clean (except for one room) and finishing my laundry!

3) Discovering my new most favorite bar, Chatterbox. if you haven't been you must drop everything, do not pass go, do not collect $200, and proceed there immediately. Besides brewing their own beer and having an extensive menu, they have an impressive collection of board games one may check out for free and, for a small charge, an equally impressive selection of Atari, Sega, and original Nintendo games. My socks were definitely rocked!

I am a little over a week away from getting back to karate and running. Damn school is getting in the way of my six-pack! Let's all hope I survive finals week in one piece.

Press on.

1 comment:

little JOE Frost said...

Hey Stiles! I ALSO was at a showing of My Name is Bruce, but I went Sunday night to the last showing that weekend.

Also, I LOVE the Chatterbox. You can often find me there on Wednesday nights for Music Bingo.....although the regular guy just stopped doing it and the replacement guy is......ok.

Joe